Introduction to Palliative Care
9 half-days course, with 1 day clinical attachment, aimed to increase participants’ confidence and competence in caring for patients with life-limiting conditions.
For more information, please refer to the course brochure.
The following topics will be covered:
- An overview of palliative care perspectives
- Communication skills for formation of therapeutic relationship with patients and families
- Basic understanding of the end phase of common cancers and non-cancer conditions
- Basic understanding of emergencies in palliative care
- Recognition of final hours and advance care planning
- Revisiting clinical skills, in the context of palliative care
- Basic assessment and management of symptoms, signs and psychosocial issues encountered at the end-of-life
- Recognition of self-care needs
- Complementary therapies
- Rehabilitation in palliative care
Enrolled Nurses and Nursing Aides working in nursing homes, hospices or community hospitals who care for patients with life-limiting conditions.
Course fees before subsidy: $695.50 per person (including GST)
*Prevailing course fee subsidy for staff working in eligible Community Care organisations:
90% for Singaporean/PR and 45% for non-Singaporean/PR.
*Organisations will be billed the amount after subsidy.
Classroom dates: 9 Apr, 16 Apr, 23 Apr, 30 Apr, 7 May, 14 May, 28 May, 11 Jun and 18 Jun 2019
Time: 8am – 12pm
Venue: Dover Park Hospice, 10 Jalan Tan Tock Seng, Singapore 308436