Talk on Care at the End of Life
Registration open. Please register by 26 Jan 2021.
Talk on Care at the End of Life aims to help participants to:
- Recognize and manage common symptoms of patients in their last hours
- Gain a basic understanding of psychosocial and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients
- Understand the needs and challenges of communication at the end-of-life
For more information, please refer to the brochure.
The following topics will be covered:
- Physiologic changes of dying
- Common symptoms and their management in the final hours
- Psychosocial and spiritual needs at the end-of-life
- The role of advance care planning at the end-of-life
- Communication at the end-of-life
- Care for the deceased person
- Staff support
Registered Nurses, Enrolled Nurses and Nursing Aides working in nursing homes, hospices or community hospitals who care for patients with life-limiting conditions.
Ms Sylvia Lee Ling Ling
Advanced Practice Nurse, Dover Park Hospice (Home Care)
Post-Master’s Adv Cert in Palliative Care (USA), MN & BN (Syd),
Palliative Care NP (NY), Registered Nurse
Sylvia is the first Palliative Care Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) in Singapore. She began her journey as a Palliative Care nurse since 1999, after completing her Master of Nursing (Clinical Practice – Gerontology) at the University of Sydney, Australia. In mid-2006, she completed her Post-Master’s Advanced Certificate: Advanced Practice Nursing in Palliative Care at New York University, USA. She obtained her license to practise as Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner in New York State & being accredited by US National Board for Certification of Hospice & Palliative Nurses to practise as Advanced Certified Hospice & Palliative Nurse (2006-2010).
Sylvia is currently an Advanced Practice Nurse (Palliative Care) with the Home Care and Programme Dignity team (integrated palliative home care services) at Dover Park Hospice.
Sylvia is also a certified End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium – International (ELNEC) trainer. She is actively involved in providing Palliative Care Nursing training to nurses from various care settings at basic and advanced practice level.
In 2009, Sylvia was awarded the prestigious ‘President’s Award for Nurses’, and in 2004, she received the inaugural ‘Healthcare Humanity Award’, in recognition of her contributions to palliative care nursing.
Course fees before subsidy: SGD 149.80 per person (including GST)
*Prevailing course fee subsidy for staff working in eligible Community Care organisations:
- Singaporean/PR: $14.98 (90% subsidy)
- Work Pass Holder: $82.39 (45% subsidy)
Date: 5 Feb 2021
Time: 1pm – 5pm
Venue: Zoom online platform
Registration closing date: 26 Jan 2021
If you are keen to register for the next run, please email to email@example.com and we will be in touch.