Talk on Care at the End of Life
COME BACK FOR UPDATES!
Talk on Care at the End of Life aims to help participants to:
- Recognize and manage common symptoms of patients in their last hours
- Gain a basic understanding of psychosocial and spiritual needs of terminally ill patients
- Understand the needs and challenges of communication at the end-of-life
The following topics will be covered:
- Physiologic changes of dying
- Common symptoms and their management in the final hours
- Psychosocial and spiritual needs at the end-of-life
- The role of advance care planning at the end-of-life
- Communication at the end-of-life
- Care for the deceased person
- Staff support
Enrolled Nurses and Nursing Aides working in nursing homes, hospices or community hospitals who care for patients with life-limiting conditions.
Ms Susan Chan Bee Sim
Senior Nurse Clinician, Home Care
Dover Park Hospice
Master of Science (Palliative Care), King’s College, United Kingdom
Graduate Certificate in Health Care (Palliative Care), Flinders University, Australia
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Nursing Studies, University of Hull, United Kingdom
Registered Nurse, London, United Kingdom
Susan has experience working in a multitude of palliative care settings. In 2010, together with a team of dedicated and like-minded colleagues, she was part of the team which started the Home Care team at Dover Park Hospice. She has also worked in the inpatient team as well. In addition to clinical home visits, Susan also teaches a variety of topics on palliative care with The Palliative Care Centre for Excellence in Research and Education (PaIC).
Previously, Susan had worked in an acute hospital setting as a Palliative Care Nurse Clinician at Tan Tock Seng Hospital and also in the Home Care team at HCA Hospice Care.
Susan was a recipient of the Healthcare Humanity Award in 2007.
Course fees before subsidy: SGD 70.62 per person (including GST)
*Prevailing course fee subsidy for staff working in eligible Community Care organisations:
- Singaporean/PR: $7.06 (90% subsidy)
- Non-Singaporean/PR: $38.84 (45% subsidy)
If you are keen to register for the next run, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.