Talk on Pain Management
Tentatively late Sep 2021
Please come back for updates on registration opening.
This 4-hour introductory talk aims to help participants to:
- Understand the principles of pain assessment and management in palliative care
- Be aware of commonly used opioids and its side effects in cancer pain management
The following topics will be covered:
- Pain and concept of ‘Total Pain’
- Pain assessment and its barrier
- Different types of pain and its common descriptors
- World Health Organization ‘analgesic ladder’
- The non-pharmacological approach in the management of pain
- The pharmacological approach including commonly used opioids in cancer pain
- The role of nurses in assessment and management of pain
Enrolled Nurses and Nursing Aides working in nursing homes, hospices or community hospitals who care for patients with life-limiting conditions.
Course fees before subsidy: SGD 149.80 per person (including GST)
*Prevailing course fee subsidy for staff working in eligible Community Care organisations:
90% for Singaporean/PR and 45% for non-Singaporean/PR.
*Organisations will be billed the amount after subsidy.
Date: Tentatively late Sep 2021
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Venue: Online Zoom platform
Registration will open approximately 1 to 2 months before the course. Please come back again for updates on registration opening.
Please email to email@example.com for any queries.