Introduction to Palliative Care Course
Tentatively 24 May, 31 May, 7 Jun, 14 Jun, 21 Jun, 28 Jun, 5 Jul, 12 Jul, 19 Jul 2022
Please come back for updates on registration opening
9 half-days course, with 1 day clinical attachment, aimed to increase participants’ confidence and competence in caring for patients with life-limiting conditions.
The following topics will be covered:
- An overview of palliative care perspectives
- Communication skills for formation of therapeutic relationship with patients and families
- Basic understanding of the end phase of common cancers and non-cancer conditions
- Basic understanding of emergencies in palliative care
- Recognition of final hours and advance care planning
- Revisiting clinical skills, in the context of palliative care
- Basic assessment and management of symptoms, signs and psychosocial issues encountered at the end-of-life
- Recognition of self-care needs
- Complementary therapies
- Rehabilitation in palliative care
Enrolled Nurses and Nursing Aides working in nursing homes, hospices or community hospitals who care for patients with life-limiting conditions.
Course fees before subsidy: $802.50 per person (including GST)
*Prevailing course fee subsidy for staff working in eligible Community Care organisations:
90% for Singaporean/PR and 45% for non-Singaporean/PR.
*Organisations will be billed the amount after subsidy.
Classroom dates: Tentatively 24 May, 31 May, 7 Jun, 14 Jun, 21 Jun, 28 Jun, 5 Jul, 12 Jul, 19 Jul 2022
Time: 1pm to 5pm
Venue: Online Zoom platform
Registration will open approximately 1 to 2 months before the course. Please come back again for updates on registration opening.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.