Certificate in General Basic Palliative Care for Allied Health Professionals
The following topics will be covered:
- Principles and overview of palliative care services in Singapore
- The Palliative Care Team
- Palliative care in advanced illness (cancers, non-cancers, dementia, frailty)
- Psychosocial, emotional and spiritual issues in palliative care
- Advance Care Planning
- Communication skills in palliative care
- Palliative Rehabilitation (role of physiotherapy and occupational therapy)
- Art therapy and music therapy in palliative care
- Care of the dying in their last hours
- Caregiver support, grief and bereavement
Please refer to the brochure here.
This course aims to:
- Understand the principles and overview of palliative care services in Singapore
- Identify psychosocial, emotional and spiritual issues in palliative care
- Articulate the role of Advance Care Planning
- Identify ethical issues in palliative care
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in palliative care
- Understand role of palliative rehabilitation
- Recognise the importance of caregiver support, grief and bereavement issues
Allied Health Professionals (Art and Music Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech Therapists and Medical Social Workers) and Pharmacists who are involved or interested in the provision of palliative care to adult patients and their families.
Course fees before subsidy: SGD 963 per person (including GST)
*Prevailing course fee subsidy for staff working in eligible Community Care organisations:
90% for Singapore citizen /PR and 45% for work pass holders.
*Organisations will be billed the amount after subsidy.
Class dates: 15 Oct, 22 Oct, 29 Oct, 5 Nov 2021
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Online zoom platform
Please register by 30 Sep 2021. To register, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates: 11 Jan, 18 Jan, 25 Jan & 1 Feb 2019
Venue: Dover Park Hospice